Tips on How to Run a Successful McGruff Safe Kids Program
Below is a collection of tips on how to most successfully run a McGruff Safe Kids Program. If you have any additional marketing-related questions that aren’t answered here, please consider contacting us.
- Display your civic pride and commitment by working with schools and other community based organizations to create a child/family safety event.
- Generate publicity for your family safety event through these same groups.
- Use public relations materials provided to create pre- and post-event awareness (McGruff the Crime Dog is an excellent tool to gain recognition and publicity).
- Prepare ads and posters to be distributed in the neighborhoods where the McGruff Safe Kids Event will be held.
- Announce that you will be distributing the McGruff Safe Kids Identification Kit to your local media outlets (local newspaper, radio, TV, cable, Internet, etc.)
- Work with local law enforcement agencies crime prevention units
Brief for: McGruff Safe Kids Promotion
Community goodwill. Provide a valuable service to your customers, their friends, neighbors and your community.
2. SECONDARY OBJECTIVE
Project a positive image for you as the sponsor. Get consumers to visit your business or organization.
3. TARGET AUDIENCE(s)
Parents/Guardians of kids, primarily grade school age, and Seniors.
4. KEY POINTS TO CONVEY
Kid safety is/should be important to everyone. Why this program is important for parents and their kids.
5. KEY PRODUCTS TO FEATURE
– McGruff Safe Kids Identification Kit
– McGruff Halloween Safety Kit
– McGruff Safer Seniors Kit
– McGruff Kids on Wheels Kit